being black and putting on your white voice at the drop of a dime is akin to being bilingual
1. A Waterfall Among Rocks
2. A Single Figure
3. Amateur Theatricals
4. The Grand Staircase, from the West
5. An Interior: Petworth Church
6. Profile of a Man with a Bulbous Nose
7. Seated Figures
8. Dover: The Pier, with a Ship at Sea in a Storm
9. Studies of Rustic Groups: Women Gossiping; a Man Driving Two Cows; Boats; a Man with Carts and Horses
10. Color Trails
Distressing Video Captures EXACTLY How Cops Treat Black People
I had to reblog this again because it just reduced me to tears.
As most of you know, I am an attorney. And I am an attorney licensed in Minnesota. This is the state where I took an oath last year to uphold state and federal laws and to protect the rights of the citizens.
It PAINS me to see this. To see these unjust cops who I for all intensive purposes, have to stand along side. When they are abusing EVERY SINGLE OUNCE of POWER. Minneapolis/St. Paul have BEEN a war zone. I’m ashamed. I’m embarrassed.
Not all officers are bad. Please don’t let that be the take away. But police brutality is VERY FUCKING REAL.
Watch this. If this doesn’t move you, if this doesn’t make you cry out in agony and want to change the world, I don’t know what will.